emperor 400 acting like a pesant 150...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
im having problems with my bio wheels turning? has anyone else had this problem? the spray bars are working fine, no trash in the lines the bio wheels will turn a few time them just sit there, o few seconds is ok but ive watched them sit still for like 10-15 minutes while I was cleaning the tank or feeding corals etc. water is shooting on them and like i said if i touch them they will turn for a few minutes but then stop.. do I just need new ones I though they were supposed to last!

ive never used an emperor, but i do know that my penguin did the same thing if the water level wasnt high enough to kind of raise the level behind the bio-wheel to get a stronger flow. Have you tried raising the water level a little? Might help, or it may not, unless you have the water level as high as you can anyways

I've had issues with the biowheel not turning before. The main culprit seems to be the filter getting too clogged (usually after I add water and stir up mulm), and the water that can't get through the filter gets dropped back into the tank through a built in drainage-channel. I did a quick rinse of the filter, and it was back in action.

The biowheel on my Penguin stops turning when the water level gets too low or the filter needs to be cleaned out. Sometimes cartridge cleaning isn't enought and the intake tube and the impeller area need cleaning too.

Biowheels are only supposed to be replaced if they get damaged or contaminated. I think Marineland even says not to worry if the biowheel doesn't rotate continuously. Completely stopped isn't good though.

Back
Top Bottom