Emperor 400 filter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazztalker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to get my aquarium up and running, but I am having a problem with my Emperor 400 filter. I set it up as the instructions said, but when I plug it in, it makes a loud ratcheting sound and the water doesn't flow through it. The last time I tried it, I finally got the water to flow for like 5 seconds, but then the bio-wheels stopped spinning and all that I got was the loud noise again. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!!!

hmm.. is the lil flow thingy all the way up? maybe the impellers like lopsided? leak in the intake?

Actually sounds like the impeller housing is not on all the way. Take it apart and try and re seat the impeller and housing.

Yeah, thanks dralarms, that fixed it! I had played around with that before, but I guess I just didn't have it entirely together. Thanks again!

(stupid question, but am I supposed to leave the filter running 24/7?)

Yeah, I filled it with water, and it would pump that out for a little bit, but then once the water level in the filter dropped, it would just stop working correctly. I've got it going now, and it seems to be working just fine. Thanks again for the help!

Back
Top Bottom