Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Emperor 400 on a 37g tank?

I purchased a marineland eclipse 3 37g tank a while back, and I'm planning on making some changes. The lights on the hood/filter aren't very good, and I wanted to ditch the whole setup in favor of a different setup. I was thinking of replacing the eclipse 3 system with a HOB Emperor 400 filter, a standard glass cover, and 2 (4 bulbs) 24" fluorescent light ballasts. Tank dimensions are 30"x12.5"x23". I plan to use the new Ecocomplete sand for my substrate.

I plan on doing an amazon biotope with either keyholes or dwarf cichlids, and a school of tetras, and a small school of hatchetfish. Would the emperor 400 make too much current? Would that be enough light to grow standard SA plants (amazon sword, jungle vall, etc.) Do they make glass covers that you can use hang on back or hang on tank filters with? Do they have like inserts cut out or something?

I hope somebody can help.
diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search