Emporer question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otrguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know if the emporer 280 will fit a tank to wall clearance of 4 inches? I can't find any measurements for it.
:thanks:

Thanks for the response, have to figure out how to move the tank out another inch now. How do you like the filter?

Well the 280 i have is great but old. I just replaced 2 400's with AC 110's due to the impeller being loud and i even replaced the impeller but just too loud. The 280 i have has flow controll on it so its like 6 or 7 years old. If you havent got it yet I would just get the Aqua Clear 70. You only need 3 7/8 behind the tank for it. Dont get me wrong the emperor does a great job I have just had bad luck with them being loud except the 280.

Well the 280 i have is great but old. I just replaced 2 400's with AC 110's due to the impeller being loud and i even replaced the impeller but just too loud. The 280 i have has flow controll on it so its like 6 or 7 years old. If you havent got it yet I would just get the Aqua Clear 70. You only need 3 7/8 behind the tank for it. Dont get me wrong the emperor does a great job I have just had bad luck with them being loud except the 280.

+1 on the observations. My Emp 280 sounded like a freight train compared to the Aqua Clear. It was getting up there in years and the time I used play sand substrate probably did not help.

Yeah I was thinking of the AquaClear but thought the Bio wheel might have an advantage over it. Will look into it more. Thanks.

Yeah I was thinking of the AquaClear but thought the Bio wheel might have an advantage over it. Will look into it more. Thanks.

If you can move the tank, then stick with the Emperor. If you can't, then get an AquaClear. I like the media options with the AC.

Back
Top Bottom