empty 48" aluminum light hoods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmbr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I'm having a little trouble locating a part, and I was hoping that someone might come to my rescue :) I am looking for a 36"-48" long aluminum (or similar lightweight material) hood that is empty. Ideally, it would be about 3-6" wide, as I don't need a lot of space for LED's, and I'm running out of room in my canopy. I'm hoping for something in the sub-$20 price range. Basically I need to find an empty one for my DIY project (more on that later) where I'm attempting a moonlight setup.

Here is an example of what I'm looking for (but this one is populated with LED's and costs $120!)

cropped_hood.jpg

I've been looking on sites like aquaticeco and drsfostersmith, but I have yet to find anything even close to what I need. I'll keep googling, but I'm running out of ways to say "aluminum hood".

Thanks for lookin,
Nick

Have a look at vinyl or aluminum eavestrough. The have been used to make lights by many, and are the right size range. Premade endcaps finish it off. Should fit into your budget.

Back
Top Bottom