Equimpment opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabrehorn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now I have a Fluval canister filter in my 55 gal that, in a few months, will house ciclids. I am in the processs of setting up a 45 for a basic freshwater setup. I was looking at getting another canister filter for it, but if it is not needed, I can go power or bio-wheel. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone wanted to give a small review of any canister filters that one might have used in the past. Also, submersible heaters review would be nice too.

I have acascade 700 canister filter, works well, easy to clean and maintain, quite, affordable, holds plenty of media

ya just go with the canister, you will be pleased with what it does for you, plus the tank will have a cleaner look to it from the back at least.

Check out the product and retailer reviews section of AA, lots of useful info there. I use the Rena xp2 on my 55 and have been very satisfied with it.

I use the Rena Filtstar xP1 canister filter combined with the Hydor ETH 201 external inline heater on my 30 gallon. The tank is much less cluttered than it was when I used a HOB filter and the heater keeps the temperature very stable.

If you go with the Cascade line, I'd go with a 1000. Rena, Eheim, and Fluval are alll good brands too. I'm just a fan of Cascade's because they are VERY easy to set up, have a carry handle, easy to prime, and do an excellent job with filtration.

For a heater I recommend the Visi-Therm Stealth. Excellent heater that is easy to hide. It won't break if it is taken out of water since it is not glass.

Moved to the General Hardware/Equipment Discussion forum.

Back
Top Bottom