Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Equipment

I gotten all the equipment I bought used , all from just one hobbyist who was calling it quits. I feel with the huge savings of the equipment,. that I could have myself a new stand and canopy, still not heard on the second price quote on the 38" tall stand.

MRC MR4 Skimmer
IMG_6201.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
IMG_6206.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
IMG_6207.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
IMG_6208.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket

On the skimmer, were parts like the air
valve will be furnished new Teflon tape.

Calcium Reactor
IMG_6209.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
IMG_6211.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
IMG_6212.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
I not as yet put this together as yet

Chiller
IMG_6214.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
IMG_6215.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
The chiller were you see a PVC pipe connected to two parts, are the chillers filtration, one in and the other is out to be returned to the tank. Upon my request, George had sealed it openings tight and good, and is filled with saltwater from his tank, it will remain so until its ready to be used, in which case then, the chiller will be drained completely.

Waste Container
IMG_6221.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket

Skimmer Pump
IMG_6223.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket
IMG_6224.jpg picture by joenickjuliawill - Photobucket

Also, I last talked to James my aquarium guy, on a all custom build sump, but if it suits well for the tank, perhaps I can go with a 125 gal tank.

The skimmer is a MR4 32.5" in total height with an external (1750 GPH) pump. At this time, I still don't know what the complete cost will be to do all this rebuilding, the only item that was on this tank that I am keeping as part of the tank, is the 240 gal tank itself, all else was junk to what I wanted to do here.

Still there be some other equipment I would require for this tank, being its to be my first SPS tank, its a all new ball game as we say. One thing i do not believe is required, and that i consider it a total waste of money, that is a nitrate reactor.

I still however will need to know what other equipment parts I should look for. right now, im getting together my property tax, I hope to have it paid before the end of Oct. or the latest, mid Nov.

Buddy

Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #2

Perhaps you all misunderstood just what it was I was asking here. Im asking, being that this is the first time I ever kept a SPS reef tank, I was wondering just what other equipment should I be looking for?

Buddy

Old 09-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I dont use alot of the equipment that you have there. I dont use a chiller and I dont use a calcium reactor. Those are two things that IMO are not needed unless they are needed if you know what I mean. Between the tank and the sump if you go with the 125 sump that will be alot of water volume. I only have a few sps corals and they are moderate light sps. Cant help you too much on that. Let me ask you a question, Is your floor going to be able to hold both?

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #4

I have supports under the crawl space of the house under were the tanks are set up at, also im going to add to that a number of more supports.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Ok good. Now another question. Why do you think you`ll need a chiller? With that much water volume I would think the temp will not change that much. More water volume equals less temp swing.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com