Equipment needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
SW newbie here!

I just bought and set up a 100g SW. I plan to set it up as FOWLR. I have a HOB overflow and Pro Clear 200 pro sump with builtin PSK (I assume the psk is junk) if its not can someone tell me what kind of pump/size I need to put on there? Its missing and I have looked high and low and cant find it. The return is mag drive 9.5.

I am not entirely sure what other equipment I need on here, internet is a wealth of info, but always contradicting itself!

I have Ice Caps T5 lighting , Can I move the ballast into the canopy? I dunno if its ok for it to be in the canopy due to moisture reasons? Sure would be easier to take the canopy off for maintenance if there was not wires going to the under cabinet sump area of the tank.

How many power heads do I need and what size should they be?

Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Evan:multi:

PSK pics

The funny looking pipe attaches to the pump which I don't have for the skimmer.

I can't help but I am curious to see if it is OK to take the T5 out of the enclosure and put it in the hood... I would be interested in doing something similar myself as that would let me go from 6 lights to 8...

8 Lights? Wow, I am new to this.. so that is shocking to me :)
I have 4 in my hood. Is that enough? It is really bright as it is.

What size tank to do you have? Post a pic on your reply :)

I bought a 90g that is currently up and running... at a LFS (I'm in the process of closing on a new house and it was a great deal) but don't have it set up yet. Will be another month or so before I can actually get it set up but I'm getting all my research and stuff done now!

I can think of two things with the lights... 1) Splash guard to protect them from water and 2) reflectors behind them to focus all the light down.

I don't know if either are needed. I need to have someone more experienced reply on that.

Closing on a house! WOW Congrats!

Lights are modded a bit from that pic. The inside of the hood is painted white now with stainless steel in the top (under the bulbs). It is very bright when turned on.

I want to get some lunar lights now :) They look so cool!

Back
Top Bottom