Eshopps overflow losing siphon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like your return pump is a little to small you can put a piece of course sponge in the overflow box to stop the micro bubbles

Looks like your return pump is a little to small you can put a piece of course sponge in the overflow box to stop the micro bubbles

the box that fills in the tank?

it also seems that the over flow box does not fill very easily, almost like to much surface tension.

Also, seems like the spaces at the top should be spaced farther apart.

Stronger flow will push the air thru before it builds up . Stronger pump like grizz said.have to match the overflow with the pump.

my pump is adjustable gph, so I turned it up some, def more water flowing out of the tank, but now its adding back to the tank faster than draining and I still have an air bubble, though it took several hours to form and not 5 mins.

guess I need to play with the gph some more.
thanks for all the help and guidance

Yes add the sponge to the bottom of the black box A thin piece you want the end of the tube to rest on it The sponge will filter out the air bubbles You can also lower the weir "black box" a bit it will lower the water level in the tank

Yes add the sponge to the bottom of the black box A thin piece you want the end of the tube to rest on it The sponge will filter out the air bubbles You can also lower the weir "black box" a bit it will lower the water level in the tank

I have done all that griz, hopefully upping the gph on the return pump will help.

hopefully I don't overflow the tank : )

How is your sump set up it should not flood if done right. Here's how i do mine First shut off return pump then remove the U tube from the over flow so it stops the drain Fill the tank to about 1/2 inch from top
Remove all the water from return area of the sump You want the drain and fuge sections full This sets a safe amount of water in the system Start the over flow up and let it drain into the sump after the water settles mark the level in the return area This is the max fill level for your sump then restart the return pump.

Back
Top Bottom