Eshopps protein skimmer priblems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fallrivermikey79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My water level is too low in the chamber and I can't get it higher even using the air valve .. Just wondering if this will change with it breaking in ?

Which model do you gave? I has a psk75 at one point had water line 8". I believe it took about a week to break in. But if I close the outlet vale I could only get the water up to the neck. When it broke in it skimmed like a champ little noisy but worked good.

I have same model ... Water level is about one inch from the blue ring but I'm getting good bubbling

Is that with the outlet closed all the way? I had to keep the bubble line between the blue ring and start where the collection cup starts.

I've tried turning in different positions but it either goes down or stays at that height

What's your water height you have it sitting in. With the the research I did when I had mine most people said 8-10 inches.

I'm so dumb lol I didn't put the pipe all the way Down till it was tight ... It's working now just waiting for it to produce skim mate

Good deal. Just keep the level low until it does break in. Mine grime in all of a sudden and cup overflowed fortunately it was in a sump. Good luck and happy skimming. Also if you dilute the skim-mate it makes for some great plant fertilizer.

Back
Top Bottom