Eshopps PSK-75h skimmer setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nrapp33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need aquarium advice. I just received this skimmer off eBay and didn't get instructions. Does anyone have any in PDF form or can walk me through setup?

Thanks!

Also, I bought the HOB style even though I intend to put it in my sump because of price. The problem is water level in my sump isn't high enough. Any tips on extending it into the water (about 1-2") and will this effect performance?

Following along....I'm looking at buying the 150 model next week would like to know how easy it is to setup....

Good Luck!

Solved the problem, just unscrewed the inlet tube and set the skimmer right in the sump.

Now I just need to be instructed on how to tune it. I've never had a protein skimmer before. It is also releasing a copious amount of micro-bubbles into my sump.

Please advice!

once it breaks in the micro bubbles will stop give it a week or so maybe even shorter

just letting it run so it can build up the slime coating in the skimmer to push the bubbles into the collection cup

Ok that makes sense of "breaking it in". Anyone see any concerns with the way I made it an in sump skimmer? I looked up the pump and it is submersible.

I ran the larger model for a few months and personally thought these skimmers really did a super job,...as was stated in a previous post,..the micro bubbles lasted for a day or so until the saltwater slime built up and then she really started to kick butt,...the adjustments are accomplished by slightly turning the plastic pipe located above the outlet flow,... Turning it slightly either left or right will raise or lower the water in the collection cup,....IMO they're a great bang for the buck,....I'd still be using mine but I wanted to get a larger skimmer and to eliminate the HOB situation,....Dary

Back
Top Bottom