eshopps psk75H protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbiedak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought this skimmer and it is not working, help!! It's all set up right and we followed the directions but nothin is happening.

Do you have the water level at the neck under the collection cup? Not the bubbles but the water.There is a break in period. I have the 100 it took a few weeks for mine. How old is your tank and how clean it is weighs in also.

Daniel Fishy said:
Do you have the water level at the neck under the collection cup? Not the bubbles but the water.There is a break in period. I have the 100 it took a few weeks for mine. How old is your tank and how clean it is weighs in also.

Uh the tank is a few months old and there are five fish in it but relatively clean. I only filled it with water more than halfway because thats what the directions said. It sounds like there is air in the pump or something

Daniel Fishy said:
Did you pinch the air line till it reach the top of the main cylinder the blue rim?

That's the thing the water didn't rise when I did that

Mine did that once when I turned it off try unplugging it add some more water pinch the hose an have someone plug it in for you

Daniel Fishy said:
Mine did that once when I turned it off try unplugging it add some more water pinch the hose an have someone plug it in for you

Ok thank you so much!

Daniel Fishy said:
You get it going?

The airtube keeps getting filled with water and the water level in the main chamber won't stay up, it keeps dropping

I have the 100. I use a piece of 1/2" hose, stick it in the inlet tube and hold the other end against the power head till it fills the skimmer up to the proper level and it generally starts it self right away

tonedogz said:
I have the 100. I use a piece of 1/2" hose, stick it in the inlet tube and hold the other end against the power head till it fills the skimmer up to the proper level and it generally starts it self right away

I brought it back to the store i bought it in And they tested it And said the motor was bad And gave me the 100:) anythig Special i should know about the 100?

Its probable the same as the 75 but you can try the way I said if you have trouble getting it started

Glad to here that,mine works well. Like I said it took mine a few weeks to break in fine tuning the water level, and the collection cup fits really snug. Good luck glad it worked out for you.

tonedogz said:
Its probable the same as the 75 but you can try the way I said if you have trouble getting it started

I got the 100 working in like two minutes haha as opposed to hours with the 75. I was so happy to hear the motor was broken And that it wasnt me haha

Daniel Fishy said:
Glad to here that,mine works well. Like I said it took mine a few weeks to break in fine tuning the water level, and the collection cup fits really snug. Good luck glad it worked out for you.

Ya it does haha but thankfully its working, thanks for the help:)

Saratj1 said:
Good to hear your store treating you right, that's good service.

I know thank god haha, that thing Is expensive!

Back
Top Bottom