Ever had a problem with external application of a mag drive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vipvenom

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a used mag 5 to use as an external pump. After I plumbed it it started leaking from the housing front. I noticed that there was one of the screw cases cracked when I took it apart. Has anyone had a problem with mag drives leaking externally?

They don't leak usually. I've had a mag running for about 7 years and I never had a problem. I don't think you are dealing with a defective pump, it sounds like the previous owner damaged it while cleaning it or possibly tightened the cover screws to much and cracked it.

Mag drives are great pumps externally or internally. I would recommend buying a new mag drive pump instead of something used and possibly damaged from user abuse.

JMO

Yes, that is the same thing I was thinking. But I guess hindsight is 20/20and a lesson learned.

That part cracks wuite often I believe. Usually from over tightening. I believe you can buy a new cover for it. Might not have to replace the whole unit.

Back
Top Bottom