excalibur mods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greatgman

Aquarium Advice Freak
ne1 know of a web site to help me mod my excalibur protien skimmer?
the rio 800 broke and i would like to boost the output and get it to work better.

you might want to try DIY forum areas.. some are more advanced in skimmer modification.. I personaly would try reefcentral's DIY guys, they build and work on skimmers alot. just a suggestion.
Ive read alot about mods and building skimmers.. If I had a clue what you were working with I would try to give you some ideas.. :p
I might go hunting around for pic's of the excalibur so I can be more familiar with its design in case you might want some ideas.. ok.. :idea: :?:
btw. is it a hang on model or a sump model?

hob model
right now got a mj 1000 feeding it
i does ok
it just surges all the time(like small pushes)
ive cleaned the power head ,impeller and skimmer
but it still surges (not continuous flow)

how deep into the tank is the MJ set? have you thought about DIY'ing a surfase skimmer box to set the powerhead in?
The pics I saw of it didnt give me a really good idea on how its designed.. if you have a digital camera some decent pics of it would help.. from what I could see it might be designed simmilar to the seaclone 8O as far as were it gets its output water.. I hope for your sake thats not the case, modding that for peak performance would take some considerable modifications IMO. but a surfase skimming box for the powerhead would be a great place to start IMO..

Back
Top Bottom