Expensive magfloat??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was looking online at my lfs. I was just browsing along since I was bored, when I noticed a magfloat that cost $300!! Why would someone have to pay that much for it? I don't understand what's so special about. If anyone has or knows somebody who has one. Can u explain it to me?

I have 1 of the more expensive ones. The deal is, they have rare earth metal magnets that are not cheap in them, but are far more effective than the mag float type of glass cleaner. I have owned many mag floats of the years, and the quality is just not even comparable to the Algae Free mag cleaners. These things clean with no trouble through much thicker glass, and clean in 1 pass since the bond is so tight. Now, the algae free ones like I have go for $100+ depending on size, but I have not heard of a cleaner North of $300, so this is either way over priced, or a different brand that I haven't seen or heard of.

It's probably just overpriced. U can check it out thatfishplace.com

Holy cow, that is just crazy. No way I would pay that for a magfloat.

I was there today I know which one you're talking about, each half is the size of a novel, they are made for truly huge tanks that have like 2" thick acrylic and if you can afford to have a tank that big you're not worrying about $300 for a mag float

Back
Top Bottom