Experience with Ecoxotic stunner LED strips??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking to start planning my new 90g reef tank. No hard corals, just the easier stuff that I don't have to target feed. Looking at these Ecoxotic strips. Ecoxotic 24 Inch Stunner 12 Watt LED Strip I think I've read they're good for down to 20". The 90g is 25" deep, and considering a 3-4" sand bed, we're talking 21-21" deep lighting need as I would like to be able to put some corals on the sand bed or near it. I also have seen they've got 48" strips now.

The Current USA Novas Extreme pro (6x54W) seems to have limitations.

Anybody have any experience with the Ecoxotics or any other light they'd recommend for a 90g reef? I'm leaning towards LED for the low heat and long bulb life features.

Those aren't for supporting photosynthetic creatures. They are just for looks. If you were going to a frag swap and wanted to showcase your corals for sale, I'd say these would be a good choice.
I think that without building a fixture to save a couple bucks, you are looking at about 800 for LEDs for your 90.

Back
Top Bottom