External filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perryuk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok am getting a 330 litre tank for Malawi set up an can't decide on what filter to go for eheim, fluval or a less well known make. I have around £150 pound thanks for your time

Hi perryuk

Are you looking for new or used?

The reason I ask is that for £150 you can only get an eheim capable of filtering upto 350 litre tanks.

I know you have a 330 litre tank but I would recommend getting a larger filter. As most others would recommend the same.

I have a 200litre moderately planted tank and I use a fluval 206 (rated for upto 200litre tanks) filled with siporax, the original sponges and polishing pad. I then also use a fluval U2 (rated upto 110litre tanks) internally in my tank with everything that comes with it. My plants also act as filtration.

Due to you wanting a cichlid tank you probably aren't going to be having real plants so you need a larger filter to compensate.

Have you checked out charterhouse aquatics?

They are the cheapest online i have found for brand new equipment.

If I were you I would look at maybe something like a Fluval 406 along with an internal stick on something like a fluval u4 internal.

Jon

Thanks yes will look at charter house the unit I'm buying has a filter built into lid will use that to polish water an I think an over sized external. Well that's one vote for fluvial
Thanks Jon

For £150 you pick a eheim classic the 2217 is rated for up to 600 litres !

An that's one for eheim thanks Tony good call

Back
Top Bottom