External Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roscoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 100 gallon tank with Cascade 1200 canaster filter that pushes 315 gph and a UGF. I will soon be removing the UGF and adding some other means of filtration. I don't want to add anything the hangs of the back or visible when looking at the tank. The Cascade is quit and runs great. I am thinking about getting another but not sure. It's recommended to have the tank turn over at least 6 time an hour. so i will need something that pushes at least 300 gph.

What external filter would you recommend.

Than your only option is another canister filter (more expensive). A HOB power filter would really be a good route because you would combine both types of filtering. But if you must good options would be a filstar xp3 or a fluval 404. If you are willing to pay more look at the powerful eheims.

i think that you should just make a hudge wet/dry filter they are inexpensive and very good filtration. i whould recomend a 40 breeder to make it out of. the only things that will relly cost you are the sub pump and bio balls.here are some plans i found they might be for s/w but it will also work for f/w just cut and paste it

http://www.masla.com/reef/wetdry.html

Back
Top Bottom