Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
So My T5HO's are heating my water considerably, My house is kept at 75 and the tank is running at 84 with the lights on.

I have a cheap wal-mart fan but its really not enough air flow.

I am looking at some fans that I can add to my canopy to make cross ventilation. I found some really cool ones with LED's in them, but I dont know about CFM. How much air flow is my question.

I was thinking about maybe 3 of these across the front of my canopy blowing out the back.

Yate Loon 220mm Blue LED Fan at Xoxide!

Here is a link to some others that I was looking at.

250mm Fans at Xoxide.com - 250mm Case Fans

from what i understand T5 shouldn't be heating up that much have you ruled out heater malfunction? as for fans i can't say anything about those but id say get two one blowing cool air onto tank another sucking the hot air away

Yea, their pretty warm, just sticking my arm under them feels like a tanning bed. ( well maybe not that hot ) but they are warm.

lol i always thought T5 are relatiivly not bad i wish i could help but ive alredy said the best i could i wish you best of luck though

Thanks, I just got to find out about cfm on fans...

I think the led fans would look cool ;-)

After the lights go out for a few hours, double check the temperature and see if it has made a considerable drop to help rule out a faulty heater or an overheated pump motor. How many bulbs do you have? Check for an overheated ballast as well as it may be adding the the normal bulb heat. You will need more than just one fan blowing in IMO. At least two PC fans blowing in should do the job if you just have 4-6 bulbs. Make sure there is a vent in the canopy for heat to get pushed out by the air the fans are blowing in.

Looks like 82 today, I cleaned my fan blades seems like more air flow now...

Wish I could get it down some more.

you can add another fan or 2 to your setup. AC powered computer case fans work very well, and you can pick them up from radioshack on the cheap.

Back
Top Bottom