Faucet Adaptor for RO/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
I live in a dorm so I can't exactly use needle valves on the sinks. I haven't had an RO/DI unit before just because I have a 3 gallon nano in the room and was not sure if I could attach it to the faucet. But now that I'm going to be adding a 28 gallon to my room I think its time to invest in a unit since 2.5 gallon jugs at Kroger will take some time to transport and fill the tank.

Would I be able to get an adaptor such as Standard Faucet Adapter / Quick Connect Faucet Coupler and just attack that to the unit?

i tried one of those faucet adapters early on and found it nearly impossible to stop it from leaking. i was in an apartment at the time, so i was afraid to poke a hole in the pipe as well. i ended up having to wrap towels around the thing when it was on so it wouldn't spray the walls of the bathroom.
in hindsight i should have used the needle valve and just left it there when i left. who would have known it was there?

i tried one of those faucet adapters early on and found it nearly impossible to stop it from leaking. i was in an apartment at the time, so i was afraid to poke a hole in the pipe as well. i ended up having to wrap towels around the thing when it was on so it wouldn't spray the walls of the bathroom.
in hindsight i should have used the needle valve and just left it there when i left. who would have known it was there?

Not trying to hijack but...
Besides just using a needle valve, did you ever find a better solution? iDreamInSaltwater and I are moving into an apartment in 3 months and are considering getting an RO/DI system, but don't want to mess with the pipes as well.

Get the metal faucet adapter, the plastic ones threads get chewed up way to easy.

Wouldn't teflon tape do the leaking trick? I plan on getting the metal adaptors and using teflon tape on it.

Yes.
Just make sure you have male or female threads on the faucet, they sell an adapter to change this.

it wasn't the threads that leaked. it was the rest of the adapter. something that teflon tape couldn't help. maybe i just got a bad adapter. i still vote to use the needle valve and just leave it there screwed all the way in when you leave.

Mr X., mine did the same thing a plastic faucet adapter and always pissed from the faucet and adapter mating surface, teflon tape and the O ring will eliminate this unless you cross thread it then it will leak like a civ.

Back
Top Bottom