?FAULTY PRODUCT WARNING?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloachlover

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi people

I am new to this forum and as you all seem like a friendly bunch of people I would like to ask you a question.

6months ago I brought Juwel Aquarium Structured 3d Background 550x600mm for my new 7x2x2 ft aquarium.

Well to cut a long story short within 3 weeks of the background being installed within my new aquarium the “Face” of the background begin to peel off revealing black underneath.
Not only does it now look totally unnatural but the peelings have cause me serious issues with my aquarium filters and the health implications for my fish are also questionable.

I am so concerned by this I now have no other choice but to break the entire aquarium down and remove the background and the sealant holding the background in place.

Juwel aquarium have told me there have only been a “few” similar incidents to mine.
I truly hope this is the case and im am just unlucky as it I would not wish this situation on any other hobbyist as it is a truly stressful situation.

So my question to you all is have any of you had any experience with Juwel Structured 3d Backgrounds? or know of anyone who has?

Thank you for your time and sorry for the long post also you can mail me on
l.goodbody@btinternet.com

Hmmmm...I didn't know that a background was to be attached inside the tank..?!@ Is this how you were instructed to apply it?

yes it is ment to go inside the tank thats the whole point of it, and it looks really beautiful to begin with, actually looks like real rock with lots of little nocks and cranneys.
The boards are 2" deep in places. Juwel do the same product but in smaller panels and another one in two sizes but with a different rock effect, i dont know if that one peels! though!!!

Well i think its safe to say at £120 just for the 4 panels (and another £25 on sealent to stick it in place) it an expensive product and i dont think its much too much to expect it to "do what it says on the packet"

I've never heard of it before but that is good to know! I would be very worried about putting any kind of adhesive like that in mytank.....Thanks for the info!!

i too will now be alot more carefull as to what i put in my tank, i was silly to think that one of the bigest supplier of aqauriums and realated products would sell A product that was fit for the purpose it was sold for, so be warned..DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! only External backgrounds fopr me from now onwards.

Back
Top Bottom