Favorite Canister for 56gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eheim for quiet and dependability. Rena for ease of maintenance.

You forgot they are also the cheapest to run

You can't get more easy to clean than all the eheim pro

The eheim classics are a pain

I have the Fluval 306... it's the best filter I've tried yet! Super quiet, easy to maintain, and media options are easily customizable. Keeps my water crystal clear.

I'm using a Fluval 404 on a 29 tall. It's an older model, and was an eBay purchase. As I tap, I'm literally 2 feet away, and it is virtually silent. As for the over-kill on capacity: our tank is home to a red eared slider hatchling, 11 small shiners, 4 darters, a banded sculpin and two crayfish. I haven't touched the media in four weeks, the water is clear and chemistry is perfect. (Doing 25-30% PWC every week, 10 days.)

Rena filstars are the best. They are very powerful for their cheap price. I have a xp4 on my 55 gal and it is so quiet. Lots of media room too.
The only Eheim I think is good are the classics. The rest ( especially the professional 3 ) are pieces of junk that are way overpriced and have many problems.
The fluvals are really good but overpriced as well.
The fluval 406 is around 130 gph while the rena xp4 is 265 gph and both cost the same price.

Back
Top Bottom