Favorite powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this came up in another thread. But what's everyone's favorite. I love my vortech mp10 because of the clean look and options. Corals are happy and growing great. I also like how it barely takes up any space in my tank! Let me know :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How do those compare to hydors matty? I've seen them and been curious

never used hydors but they are similar as far as i can tell. pretty good suction and move water well. easy to take apart (squeeze the sides and you can pull it all apart).

MP10-MP60 Any of them. I love them! I've used many other types of powerheads over the years and I have to say that these are the best I have ever used. Programable adjustable and put no electricity in the water. They are awesome!

I love my MP-40's. It is a ton of fun being able to sit in front of my tank with my phone and adjust what they and the Radions are doing.
They replaced my before favorite of koralias. Though replaced in the tank, I still use them to make up my water for water changes. The downfall is how they will sometimes start up and go backwards...and when I had a ton of brown outs would be continually resetting them to work in the right direction. Would always send sand everywhere...hence why I wanted to replace them when the piece broke to start such behavior.

That being said, I'm hoping to see something new coming out of Ecotech in the next 6 months to a year. The drop in price on the MP-40 points me in that train of thought. With those gyre type powerheads that hit the market, it would make sense to see something like that out of them with their own touch, excellent customer service, and great quality of product.

I've got two korallias and love them. Never had any problems at all. My brother in law has two MP40s and they are really cool. However if I was to spend that kind of money I would be single, homeless and not going to Disney World

I have the hydors in my current tank and love them, but....i've been pointed to jebao for my 40 build, specifically the rw-4. similar features to the vortechs at about 1/4 the cost.

Back
Top Bottom