Favorite ro/di system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am in the market for my very own ro/di system and was wondering what everyone's favorite / most cost effective systems are.

The ones from BRS can't be beat in terms of price and features. Get them during a group buy (I will be doing one for July 4th) and it's a no-brainer.

I have the aqua fx great unit good price a couple weeks ago at Dr Foster and Smith they were on sale. Get a inline tds meter amazon has them cheap helps you to monitor the water after membrane and di and when to replace prefilters.

I have the 5 stage plus from Bulk Reef Supply and love it. Would definately recommend it! Buy it during a group buy and save a few bucks too!

I second the group buy suggestion. It's 11% off during the group buys. I just ran a buy last week, and will be running another the week of July 4th. The 5 stage plus comes to $179 during the group buy, and ships free.

I second the group buy suggestion. It's 11% off during the group buys. I just ran a buy last week, and will be running another the week of July 4th. The 5 stage plus comes to $179 during the group buy, and ships free.

Well you guys have got me sold on it! :) Now to save up enough money before then to buy it.

Awesome, ill be joining in on this group but as well :)

How many GPH would you guys shoot for if you had to supply a 60g setup?

Go with a 75gpd. It's best to make enough water for a couple days and then make more. Good water pressure is all you need better the pressure faster the water. For 179 the brs is a good deal I think it has the inline meter to. Inline tds meter will help with replacing your two or three pre filters there like $8 bucks each. That will help your ro membrane last for a couple years which are more expensive.

Most of the units are the same with universal cartridges now

So it doesn't matter what unit you buy its the cartridges and membrane that counts

Back
Top Bottom