Fear of Eheim Flood--Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magicmarymac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my new 46g tank all set up, for the second time. Rivercats has helped me with a planted silent cycle, dry ferts and Glute, HOWEVER I am paralyzed with fear of starting the canister filter up because last time it blew its top off spilling gallons of water. I had to completely tear down the tank and wait for the carpet to dry.

The canister is emptied out, the intake and outflow are in place, (except it didn't come with an "S" connector so the spray bar is at an angle), and I have read the instructions and watched YouTube videos.

Right now I am limping by with a HydroSponge 2, an Aquaclear 30, and an Aquaclear Powerhead 50 with a Quickfilter.

Can anyone advise me?

Attachments

• image-466257162.jpg
    image-466257162.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image-4110730879.jpg
    image-4110730879.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image-1456407289.jpg
    image-1456407289.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1314690013.jpg
    image-1314690013.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 93
If its a classic chances are the top popped because you didn't close it right

I have had classics before and I love eheim more than any other brand but the classic design is not great and its about 35 years old the design

Things have moved on a lot in 30 years so have filter design not saying the classic doesn't do its job but its not very user friendly

But if it was me and I was scared of a filter I would sell it as there is always a market for eheim classics and buy a cheap used eheim pro or even better a pro 2 they are much more simple to maintain compared to the classic

As for the missing part to connect the pipe to the spray bar why not buy another one eheim parts are very easy to come by

Nice tank by the way

I have no idea why a pic of a double tap has come at the bottom of my post

Attachments

• image-3277099698.jpg
    image-3277099698.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 70
If its a classic chances are the top popped because you didn't close it right

Yes, it was absolutely operator error.

I have had classics before and I love eheim more than any other brand but the classic design is not great and its about 35 years old the design

Things have moved on a lot in 30 years so have filter design not saying the classic doesn't do its job but its not very user friendly

No doubt, but this is my first canister, so it is not surprising that I chose poorly.

But if it was me and I was scared of a filter I would sell it as there is always a market for eheim classics and buy a cheap used eheim pro or even better a pro 2 they are much more simple to maintain compared to the classic

When it comes time to buy one for my 36 I will know more, thank you. :)

As for the missing part to connect the pipe to the spray bar why not buy another one eheim parts are very easy to come by

I did. It should be here Tuesday, thank you

Nice tank by the way

Thank you very much. It is a start. :)

I have no idea why a pic of a double tap has come at the bottom of my post

Oh well! Lol

Thank you,

Mary

The classic is a good filter don't get me wrong but its hassle getting the rubber ring and metal clips on the side to sit right

Back
Top Bottom