few q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deathmatch782

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So right now i've had my 20H setup for 6 months and it is doing very well.

I've been thinking of adding a refuge. A separate sump/refuge is most likely not going to happen since im on a budget.
Either i'd like to add a hob refuge or i have the option of getting a custom tank. A friend from the local marine club i'm in has a acrylic store where he makes tanks, skimmers ect.

Would it be better to have him make me a hob refuge to fit my tank, or have him make me a tank w/ a built in refuge. (My current tank is noticbly smaller than my stand btw.) I'm leaning towards having him make me a tank since it would then fit my stand correctly. I still have to get quotes for both yet.

As far as skimmers go, what is a good one for a 20gal tank? I noticed that many who have smaller tanks use the fisson skimmer, but saw that it is recomended for tanks up to 15gals. Will the larger size of my tank affect this, or will it work? I'm limited on space since i dont have the refuge or a sump.

I think the most inexpensive option would be a hanging overflow box and a small tank underneath, on the floor. Not only will that be cheaper, but would also make room for skimmer etc.

If i were to do a 10 gallon in my stand ( would have to figure out how to get it in) i'd need the overflow, tubing, 10g tank, and return pump. Any other equipment? I'm worried about the price for overflows and pumps too, college doesnt leave me with much to spend on this.

Back
Top Bottom