Filling Up My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My last two Chromis died. So, I don't have any to treat in the QT. So now I start over. Leave my 55 gallon empty for 8 weeks. I will finish plumbing my sump for my 75 gallon build and go from there.

Odyssea makes an average product in my opinion. Definitle cheaper than most other places though. I have used their lights and my best friend uses their canister filter. neither of us have had any issues with out stuff. For what thats worth lol

There stuff is fair, What will you be using the pump for? If it's a return i'd stick with the better known pumps. Don't risk it in a critical area.

How do I calculate how much flow I will need on the return pump? I have a 75 gallon reef ready Marineland tank with 11/4" bulkheads.
I have a 40 gallon breeder for the sump.

Are you talking about the PVC above the bulkhead which is inside the tank?

The drain pipe PVC is 1 1/2 inch which narrows down to 1 inch to go inside the bulk head. The PVC pipe coming out of the bulk head underneath the tank is 1 inch.

The drain pipe PVC is 1 1/2 inch which narrows down to 1 inch to go inside the bulk head. The PVC pipe coming out of the bulk head underneath the tank is 1 inch.

Okay sounds like your flow is around 800-840 gph so with that in mind i'd get a return pump rated for 800-950 gph or less due to head loss you dont want to out run your drains or you risk flooding the main tank.

Well it's got a lot of good reviews and it has adjustable which is a plus i dont think you can go wrong for the money

What else do I need to get with that pump? What about sock filters? I am using a 40 gal breeder for the sump/refug.

I have the plumbing for the overflow. I need to get the dividers for the refuge. I am looking at getting this protein skimmer. CoralVue Reef Octopus Classic 8" Pinwheel Protein Skimmer 250 Gal Rating NWB200

I have the plumbing for the overflow. I need to get the dividers for the refuge. I am looking at getting this protein skimmer. CoralVue Reef Octopus Classic 8" Pinwheel Protein Skimmer 250 Gal Rating NWB200

I have the nwb110 for my 75g and it has worked really well for me so far. I have been running it about 6 months.

y4avy7aj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are outstanding Grizz! Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

All the Quiet One pumps I've had ran beautifully. I just bought a Q1 6000 for my current build. I think they are excellent for the money.

I'm having fish withdrawals. Arghhhh...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom