FilStar Bio-Chem Zorb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright so then thats what I shall do... seems like its pretty much just carbon anyway. It needs to be changed out so I'll throw some bio-stars in there or something... Any recommendations for that? I'm currently using the aquaclear bio stuff... i bought two that are used for their largest filters which are supposed to be for like 110 gallons a piece I believe...

When I set up my filter, I just bought a box of the biomedia that happened to be on sale at the time. I don't remember the brand name, though, since it was a while back.

This is a 'specialty' filter media ...

according to the mfgr, Rena Bio-Chem Zorb ... "contains a unique blend of ion exchange and organic scavenger resins, along with activated carbon. Removes aquarium pollutants without removing trace elements"

IMHO if you have 'decent quality' water to start with, if you have adequate 'conventional' mechanical filtration, and you have established sufficient bacterial biofiltration to control nitrites, then the 'trick' features of the selectively absorptive resins aren't needed and plain old activated carbon will work just fine. Or if you need to boost bacterial biofiltration simply fill the tray with bio-noodles.

Back
Top Bottom