Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would call Fluval, maybe he didn't break after all if there is no visual damage. I would pull it apart and inspect the impeller itself, since that's more likely to be making noise as opposed to the motor.

Last edited:
Heres the impellor itself

Attachments

• image-1966970839.jpg
    image-1966970839.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2659126212.jpg
    image-2659126212.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 63
We got it started, if i post a vid tomarrow, could u see if it sounds correct.

We the auto prime pump harder and got the filter started. When i took my old filter media and filter out to wash in old tank water, a lot lf debris floated into he water.
Im going to do a 5 gallon wc tommarrow mornig before work
I dont want to stress them out too much. Bcuz i did a 4 gallon wc after i saw all of the debris( my mom overfed the week before while o was on vacation)
. So thats 40 percent in two days. Does that sound like too much? There is still a bit of stuf floatin around.
Sorry for all of the questions

Honestly you really can't ever change to much water. daily water changes will yield the best color and growth in any fish.

Ok, the water is so much clearer since the filter is running, and the fish love it.
I really appreciate all of ur help.

Ill check it out, my dad def forced the cover on. Ill hagen monday and c wat they say

Another thing to consider is that there still may be air in the system as well. I had to rock mine from side to side for about 30 minutes because my motor was making more noise than the 205 I have on another tank. If I didn't see the return line moving ever so gentle you'd NEVER know it was working. I've got a 405 on a 40 gallon, and now that I've moved the unit all around it's gotten all of the air out and is just as quiet as my 205. Best of luck.

well i
The filter is running great. Its super quiet, and has really cleared the water up. Ill post a pic of the tank later. I want to say thanks to Hukit. Hes been a huge help Through out this whole experiance. If it wasnt for his help, my filter would prob be broke right now. Thank you Hukit, and hopefully my mess ups with this filter will help others.

well i
The filter is running great. Its super quiet, and has really cleared the water up. Ill post a pic of the tank later. I want to say thanks to Hukit. Hes been a huge help Through out this whole experiance. If it wasnt for his help, my filter would prob be broke right now. Thank you Hukit, and hopefully my mess ups with this filter will help others.

Good luck, I'm glad I could help. Plus I'm sure your Dad feels better knowing he didn't break it.

Yea, we were both pretty stressed with the filter.
Ill post some pics later tonight. Im so surprised about how clear the water is! The little particles that used to be in my water are allmost non existent. The flow is great, it pretty much acts as a second ph. I have my aqueon 500 angled up, and across the tank for some surface agitation. The output to the 305 is angled across the tank.
Im very impressed with it so far.

Heres some pics, it was right after feeding, so its a bit messy, but heres a fts, and a cpl of the fish.

Attachments

• image-1571929531.jpg
    image-1571929531.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3561822601.jpg
    image-3561822601.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3301660005.jpg
    image-3301660005.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 64
  • image-595059528.jpg
    image-595059528.jpg