Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Themonsterisme

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gal fowler tank and a buddy of mine had this filter brand new never opened and sold it to me for $40... Is this going to be ok to run on my 55 gal?

Attachments

• image-2585421102.jpg
    image-2585421102.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 71
I just don't have $ for a refugeum/sump and was going to make that expense when I get a 200+ gal tank in the next few years...is too much flow bad on a FOWLR tank?

Should be fine just keep it clean or you will run into nitrate problems. Sw fish usually aren't bothered by flow so no big deal on flow.

Says filter media and bags should be replaced every 2 months or less...would 2 months be too long to wait for maintenance and replacing the filter media or is it ok to just do it every 2 months? I know by general rule it's always better to do it earlier than to wait till the last min so maybe I'll do it every 6-7 weeks

Says filter media and bags should be replaced every 2 months or less...would 2 months be too long to wait for maintenance and replacing the filter media or is it ok to just do it every 2 months? I know by general rule it's always better to do it earlier than to wait till the last min so maybe I'll do it every 6-7 weeks

Canisters can trap nitrates pretty easily. I'd say clean it whenever you see your nitrates start to rise. I'd do it whenever you do a wc

Back
Top Bottom