Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaredShope1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 10 gallon tank with a bio bag filter in it. The water has become cloudy and has been cloudy for about 2 days. Should I switch to a sponge filter or will the cloudiness clear up? It is a new tank.

Ammonia: 0.25 PPM
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

Stocked with 3 Mollies, 3 platys, and a Fire Dwarf Gourami

I take it your tank isn't cycled. That being said, I would change out 50% of the water every other day minimum. Also, buy an API Master Test Kit so you can test the water every day or two.

I take it your tank isn't cycled. That being said, I would change out 50% of the water every other day minimum. Also, buy an API Master Test Kit so you can test the water every day or two.

Alright I’ll do that. And I do have a master test kit, so that’ll help

Tank Filtration

I currently have a 10 gallon tank with a bio bag filter in it. The water has become cloudy and has been cloudy for about 2 days. Should I switch to a sponge filter or will the cloudiness clear up? It is a new tank.

Ammonia: 0.25 PPM
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

Stocked with 3 Mollies, 3 platys, and a Fire Dwarf Gourami

Hello Jared...

The haze may be from not rinsing the bottom material well enough. Just remove and replace half the tank water a couple of times weekly and things will clear up. A small tank should get a couple of large water change weekly anyway to keep the water clean for the fish.

B

Back
Top Bottom