Filter advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoota

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,
Whilst I'm not "new" as such to keeping an aquarium, I've never bought the components separately before (in other words, I've bought the necessary hardware all at once on advice from the shop! :blink:)
I now have an oscar fish with popeye :( & through different channels, I've concluded the condition could be from a couple of things - tank now too small (only about 70ltr) & too much of the wrong food (blood worms):facepalm: I have now aquired a 200 ltr tank & stand (for free (y)) however the Eheim 2227/2229 filter doesn't work
banghead%20-%20Copy.gif
- it appears to have a broken impeller & shaft which will cost about $100 to replace.
My question is (after this long winded post:ermm:) would it be better for me to replace the broken parts on the existing filter or buy a brand new filter. I have seen new filters (obviously not the one I'm replacing) on ebay for around $70. I really have no idea which way to go as I'm only assuming the 2nd hand eheim I have is not working because of the impeller & shaft (there could be other issues I'm not aware of yet)
Any help would be much appreciated to try & save the poor oscar's eye (his name is dude :D)
Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom