Filter Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MeganMartin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am building a custom aquarium to fit inside a grandfather clock. My question is what type of filter would be best for an approximately 4 foot tall, very skinny tank? I feel like it would be hard to get water circulated around the bottom with a filter that hangs above the tank. This tank will be about 14 gallons.

I am building a custom aquarium to fit inside a grandfather clock. My question is what type of filter would be best for an approximately 4 foot tall, very skinny tank? I feel like it would be hard to get water circulated around the bottom with a filter that hangs above the tank. This tank will be about 14 gallons.

I think some pictures here would be helpful

1236686_10201552392764312_46420816_n.jpg
This is the clock it will be built into. I am planning on building the tank and then sliding it into the clock.

I'm assuming the tank is going in the bottom half? And I think a good canister would work. You could put the input through the bottom and hide it with decor and a spray bar output up top to encourage down flow. Of course you would have to drill the bottom

You could always use a water pump for circulation. As far as filer could always go with a under gravel filter system.

So if the pump blowing from the top and the under gravel filter is on the bottom you should have plenty of circulation.

Back
Top Bottom