Filter and Heater now not working!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I just did a water change, I've got both my heater and filter hooked up to a surge protector. So I switch the surge's switch to off to stop everything during the water change. Well now I try switching it back on and everything is dead, the filter and heater! I tried plugging the filter into a normal outlet, and nothing. I've already had a heater get killed a while ago in a similar situation, the aqueon pro's are what I use. Anyone have any ideas on what I should try/do!?

Dear lord, I just gave the filter a big smack just cause I was angry, and watcha know, it turned on:facepalm: The heater still is not heating though

Dear lord, I just gave the filter a big smack just cause I was angry, and watcha know, it turned on:facepalm: The heater still is not heating though

My filter on my 20 gallon does that... and I use the same fix!!! :D

As for the heater, I assume you are positive that you turned off the power since you said it was plugged into the surge protector and you turned it off and the filter stopped.

I use aqueon heaters and have never had an issue like this. Did you try plugging the heater into the outlet? I ask because you may have an issue with the surge protector, especially if you have had any water accidently spill or drip on it and cause the contacts inside to corrode.

What type of surge protector do you have? I would be curious to see if it has a capacitor in it that could discharge through the unit and burn out the element.

:fish2: :bb:

Back
Top Bottom