Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Filter and water level query

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new here. Just wondered if I could get some advice from you all regarding my filter and the water level in my tank?

I have a second hand juwell tank that measures 60cm x 30cm x 40cm. Thr filter is one of those rectangular black boxes that affixes in the right hand corner. I fixed it to the corner using an aquarium safe silicone sealant and left to dry for 48 hours. I then started my fishless cycle using ammonia and am testing evdryday using the API freshwater master test kit. I'm just concerned as to whether my water level is at the correct height. The top of the filter in the corner goes above the max water line and I couldn't affix it any higher or lower. The powerhead, which is a 600, is rested in the compartment within the filter housing and submerged all the way up to the wire. The wire is not submerged at all. I'm.wondering whether I should have added more water as no water is level with the top vent. Does water need to go in/out of the top vent at the front? (not the plastic arm on the side where the motorhead goes into). If I did add more water, then the powerhead wire would get wet. I just wondered if this seemed right to you all? Basically the amount of water in my tank has a volume of 60cm x 30cm with a height of 32cm (the maximum water line measuring 39cm).

Please could anyone tell me if this seems about right?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post
speckles69uk is offline   Reply With Quote

ate, filter, level, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com