Filter burnt out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fenrisulfer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 6 gallon aquarium that is having some filter issues out of nowhere. I'm not sure what the brand is (I know that would help) it has no label on it but it came with the tank which is the Petco branded "bookshelf aquarium." I have had it for about nine months and have had no issues at all with the thing...I was gone over night and returned to no water flow. I took it apart and cleaned it, thinking and kind of hoping there may be just a mild obstruction, but no. It isn't making any sound and the parts are definitely not moving. I'm thinking its probably burnt out somehow because the power head was hot to the touch. If anyone has any suggestions on whether it can be quickly fixed or if I'm overlooking something obvious please let me know!

Hi,
Is it a power head, or a HOB Filter ? Well anyway from what you said about it getting hot. Don't use it ! If it gets to hot to hold then be safe and buy a new one. Because you run the risk of a fire. Better off safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom