Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-23-2005, 02:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are you sure the filter died? Check for gunk built up around the impeller and motor housing. Sometimes if you just clean that out, it starts up again.

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
cginflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:26 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to ttopmustanggt88 Send a message via MSN to ttopmustanggt88 Send a message via Yahoo to ttopmustanggt88
well this filter had got some sand in it when i switched from gravel to sand. my fault. ever since then it would make terrible noise and i would clean impeller and motor housing real good and it would be fine and then just do it all over again. this time the cleaning didnt work. i think it finally gave up. is it worth 16 bux to buy a new motor for a whisper 30-60 or just pay 45 bux for another emp 400 or another hob filter?

ttopmustanggt88 is offline   Reply With Quote

die, died, filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com