Filter Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
find a site that you dont think is reliable and then go to big als and see if their price is higher so u can price match to a reliable site, what size tank do you have?

right now i have a 15gal but wil be upgrading to a 40gal.

It is also planted with CO2 injection, so i'm trying to reduce surface distrubances.

Yes i do. I was aksing more about the brand then that paticular item.

I remember wanting to get this filter a few months ago until I found out that it was discontinued and that the manufacturer was no longer supporting it. That is why there are a lot of really cheap ones out there.

It is cheap enough that it is worth trying, but a bit of a risk if you have problems with it.

You also have to look at it this way. It is $40 for the filter but then another $40 for shipping so with that you could get a great name brand one from BigAlsOnline..

Personally I have had bad luck with "Jebo" products. I had tried some of their lighting and one failed 2 weeks into use. The seller on EBay as well wouldn't do anything "No warranty" he said.

I'm off using EBay for anything due to this type of bad experience. I would go with the last recommendation and purchase something either from Big Al's or locally if you need it faster. You will be happier with a quality product since the old adage definitely applies here.

Eh I gave up and sniped a Cascade which i read a bit about. We will see. Its plenty large for my tank and my future tank.

I currently run three of the Cascade canister filters. They are nice units and very flexible. :D

Awsome, thx, glad to see my impulse buying was in good taste atleast.

Did you also purchase ceramic rings? I wouldn't use the carbon that comes with it as it is not needed.

Also, instead of buying the filter floss (which can be very expensive) from Penn Plax, Wal-Mart sells batting that is safe for aquarium usage.

I did not purcase ceramic rings, I will proably them those at a local pet store.

I have approx 14oz of filter floss alredy which is safe for aquariums. I will use that.

The filter comes with material, but i'm sure its not the best stuff.

The filter will come with a sponge, filter floss, and carbon. I purchased an additional sponge for all of our canisters and used ceramic rings in place of carbon.

I will deffinatly take out the carbon as i will be using it on a planted tank and i have no issues with smell or medications, as for the rings, i'll get them at the LFS. We will see, should be here somtimes this week.

Back
Top Bottom