Filter Filter Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lafeet85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, just wondering what is a really good filter to use with a 90L tank?? Is the fluval the best brand or is eheim better??? I'm really fussy about water quality and really hate particles floating in my aquarium, and want to eliminate them for good.

Filtration Equipment

Hey guys, just wondering what is a really good filter to use with a 90L tank?? Is the fluval the best brand or is eheim better??? I'm really fussy about water quality and really hate particles floating in my aquarium, and want to eliminate them for good.

Hello L...

I use AquaClear (HOBs) in my large, planted tanks. For a tank the size you have, an AquaClear 30 would be enough as long as you're willing to remove and replace half the tank water every week.

Just follow a regular water change routine and you won't need to over filter your tank.

Just a thought.

B

Your tank choice is also determined by the stocking of the tank. What do you have in there?

6 neons, 4 guppies, 2 algae eaters and 2 Cories. So not that many as yet but I plan to put a few more in, in the coming weeks.

I assume you're talking canisters? If so, each has their own favorable quality. I really like Eheims media configuration over the fluval, but the fluvals are a bit easier to clean. You won't go wrong getting a Fluval, Eheim, or Rena (xp series) IMO

I usually have a filter that is for a tank twice the size of mine and I maintained crystal clear water. If I mix something and have particles floating, it'll be gone within a night.

Thanks guys for all the help. I actually did some post Christmas shopping today and picked up a blue planet filter for quite cheap so I hooked it up to my current one and within the last few hours I already have noticed a difference. Can't wait to see it in the morning after running for a whole night.

Back
Top Bottom