Filter floss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niki

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was cleaning up and some across some Web vent filters and was wondering if I would be able to use them as filter floss?

Why not just use pillow stuffing material? I can't say that vent filters would hurt but I imagine the pillow stuffing would be cheaper.

I wasn't really conserved about price I was just curious bc I have a bunch liking around not bein use :)

Maybe if you posted what it was made out of someone else could answer ya?

I could not find anything on the web about what it is made of, even on their web site there was not information...I have emailed hen and am waiting for a response.

Yeah I googled it myself and didn't find anything.

This was the response I got from the email:

"Web Vent Filters are made of virtually 100% polyester. The product contains no fiberglass."

Yeah it seems like it would be fine...but without really knowing to much about it I'm hesitant to say it's safe for someone elses fish. If our roles were reversed I'd use it.

Yea I will try it out, it doesn't have any anti mold chemicals either bc I wrote back and asked....

so far so good, it really cleaned up one of my tanks....all of my tanks are crystal clear now....im impressed.

Back
Top Bottom