Filter For 20gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need a good filter for 20 gallon. Preferably, a 40gallon filter-60 gallon, witch wouldn't go over 50$ Please, At most, 60$. Also, one that filters well.

Thank You.

An Aqua Clear 50 comes to mind. Flow can be lowered for a 20gal and can go up to 50gal capacity. Hope this helps.

I have an aquaclear 70 and I just purchased a 50 for my boyfriend. Mine is a little loud but only because it sits on my hood which is about two-inches about my water line. So it makes some spash, but if it wasnt for the spashing this filter only makes a slight hum.

Yep..as convict mentioned, they're great filters.
I'm getting a new 125 gallon tank, and he said it has an 2 fluval 406 external filters, a 405 external filter, fluval fx5 and a rena xp4. He will sell everything for 250$, comes with stand, lights, bubblers, etc...
He said his room mate left it out.
You guys think it's a good price for this? I heard fluval fx5 external canister is really powerfull and expensive. Is it true?

I'm getting a new 125 gallon tank, and he said it has an 2 fluval 406 external filters, a 405 external filter, fluval fx5 and a rena xp4. He will sell everything for 250$, comes with stand, lights, bubblers, etc...
He said his room mate left it out.
You guys think it's a good price for this? I heard fluval fx5 external canister is really powerfull and expensive. Is it true?

Idk about fluvas but that does sound like a great deal. If your ready to handle and care for that large of a tank. I got my 37 for 40$ filter hood lights and a heater. But with the many filters and a stand at that! Sounds like a good deal to me.

Sounds like an awesome deal!
The tank and stand are worth $250 on craigslist.
An fx5 and all the other filters are a huge bonus.

That's amazing. It comes in handy for my full aquatic collection. I was talking about getting a 1000 Gallon tank. I don't think they're retailed right? Don't you have to asked them to be custom made or something?

Order your filter from Dr. Fosters & Smith, they are reasonably priced. I order all my aquarium goodies from them and have never been disappointed.

I've got a marineland penguin 350 on my 20g high. Cheap price and work great. You can change cartidges anytime you want and not have to worry about a mini cycle. Keeps my tank nice and clean. I've bought 2 so far off of amazon. 1 for my 20g and 1 for my 46g bf

Back
Top Bottom