Filter for a 90 gal pentagon freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plectocomia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I presently have a 90 gal pentagon glass tank that is being occupied by a large red eared slider. I will soon be starting to dig my 6000 gal pond for the turtle and my koi and will bring the tank indoors when completed.

My wife says she wants a community tank featuring neon tetras. Knowing that the tank will consist of similar fish, would a hang filter like the Emperor 400 suffice? I suspect that the tank will be pretty heavily planted.

I have to build the stand and the hood, it has to match the antique pine in the living room, and will have to have sufficient lighting for that. The tank is 36" long and 26" deep.

i would get a canister filter. hang on filters just dont do as good of a job as a canister unless you get an aquaclear, but for a 90 gallon tank, you'd need two ac110's... a fluval 405 or rena xp4 would be adequate, an fx5 would be even better. it all depends on what you want to pay for it. ime, marineland filters just dont hold up, though some people have good luck with them

i would say so! check ebay, you can usually find an fx5 for around $250 and its worth every penny! Also check craigslist, i found a fluval 305 and 405 for $20 each and they were both practically new

Back
Top Bottom