Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I wish I had the knowledge and budget to make it a saltwater set up. It would be a nice size for a seahorse, although I've read that they are very tough to keep.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Same Tank

The knowledge is easy enough to come by. Plenty of helpful folks on these forums. As for the budget , that's a little tougher but you can purchase coral frags fairly cheap. Look on craigslist and you can usually find fellow hobbyist selling them much cheaper than you think, I have this same tank with a nice little nano reef going strong. Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
Cliff

Old 10-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Cliff, thanks for the craigslist insight. Do you think my replacing the missing discharge adapter with a simple PVC elbow would work?
I'd love to see a pic of your tank. Any chance you could post a shot?

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I wouldn't be too concerned about the return elbow. Or plugging up the extra holes. When I had my hood filter running there were extra holes as well. But as long as the water is getting back into the tank it doesn't really require direction.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Pic of my tank

Ill try to get a pic next weekend. It's true that as long as the water is making back into the tank you will be fine, however if your doing live coral they can benefit from the movement of water that might be achieved with the elbow if you can make it directional to provide a little flow over them.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriix View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned about the return elbow. Or plugging up the extra holes. When I had my hood filter running there were extra holes as well. But as long as the water is getting back into the tank it doesn't really require direction.
I just got a reply from the company that they have replacement parts, they will get back to me with a price. I'd rather have the proper parts for the filter but thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff smith View Post
Ill try to get a pic next weekend. It's true that as long as the water is making back into the tank you will be fine, however if your doing live coral they can benefit from the movement of water that might be achieved with the elbow if you can make it directional to provide a little flow over them.
Cliff, I look forward to your pic. I am going to stick with freshwater so coral won't be an issue but thanks for the info all the same.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi shawn

Did the company get back to u on a price as I am looking for the return elbow for my aqua one 620 tank and was wondering if it will also fit this
Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

Dan, after waiting a week for a reply I got an e-mail from the company sales rep stating, and I quote, "You do not need that part as the water returns to the tank through the little holes under the filter." When I wrote back that I was still interested in getting the part because I wanted my filter to be complete,,,,no further replies were sent.
It seems rather odd that they would design a filter with an un-needed part, don't you think? Makes no sense to me.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, I find that very strange and perhaps unprofessional as they suggest a part made for their filter basically isn't needed, I would very much like this part to "complete" my filter because at the moment the water returns to the tank through a hole, basically it looks as though something is missing and does make it look incomplete.

Tags
filter, filter help

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com