Filter help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorriew

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm setting up a 17litre tank for my 3yr old birthday. I have no fish yet. I'm using a Rena super clean 40 that came with it but as soon as I plugged it in its making a horrible noise?! I think I've put it together right but instructions were poor. Is the whole unit supposed to be underwater or just the hose bit? Can the cable wire be underwater or is that a stupid question!? Help please

Thanks I don't think that's the same filter. Here's what I have. Do I cover the whole thing with water?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390946397.455153.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390946444.259133.jpg

And in such a small tank do I need to add anything to the water and test etc? Sorry for basic question, obviously first timer!

Ahh, I have a similar little filter made by Toms. The reason its making noise is because it wasnt submerged all the way. This filter should be underwater, once it is, it will be whisper quite. Dont worry about cord it will be fine.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you're starting this tank from scratch, you will need to cycle your tank. You have two options - fishless cycle or fish in cycle. Ive done both and I perfer fishless. It takes about 4 to 6 weeks for beneficial bacteria ti grow and be safe for fish.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom