Filter intake too long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanetweedz

Aquarium Advice Freak
My filter intake is to long. I have a marine land bio wheel 150 for my 10 gallon tank but the intake hits the bottom what should I do???

Accept it and move on :p It won't hurt anything. Just may not be as affective. Does it not fit or does it just hit the bottom when in?

Can you remove sections to shorten it? Most come apart and you just take a section out to shorten it. You can also buy different size extra tubes on most aquarium parts places. I got lucky and the intake tube sections from my other filters fit each other. I just shortened the ones I needed to and used the sections to lengthen the others.

I tried to cut it and ended up with a nasty cut on my finger. It says one part is a extension tube but the other 2 pieces won't fit together

I cut mine. I think I used a small tooth saw and just did it carefully.

Getting cut really sucks. A hacksaw is the best thing to shorten tubes and things. You can try to crazy glue the ends or just use the extension tube attached to the last section of intake pipe. You can take a small bottle and cut the sides out of it leaving some small sections for support, and then stretched hose over it. You can use rubber bands to attach the end of the hose to the intake tube. This will allow water in without worrying about fish getting sucked up until you can get another tube.

Back
Top Bottom