filter is leaking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salmo trutta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so my wonderful filter that i built myself is starting to come apart at the seems. im getting tired of trying to fix it, and are at the point where i can no longer deal with it.

thinking of either A. building a new filter with a better design for less possiblity of leaks, or B. buying a canister filter.

cheaper to just build another, i think, but i am not sure at this point in time. im just to busy to undergo that endeavor.

and i dont want to put heaping amounts of LR in the tank either, yes its the best filtration, but i have two predatory fish, and im all about seeing them everyday so thats why i have a filter.

Why don't you save yourself some time and money and purchase a nice skimmer instead of trying to make one? There are many cheap skimmers available that perform very well. I have a coral life super skimmer 65 OTW.

i have a 40 gallon with about 15lbs of LR and 15 lbs of base rock. fuzzy dwarf lionfish, and an angler fish.

their is also a domino damsel which for somereason, neather fish ate, so now its apart of the tank hehe.

but would a skimmer be the only thing i need? i havent really lkooked into them as the one i had before caused more problems then it was worth. im just worried about the actuall filtration

a skimmer will add mechanical and desolved waste removal to your LR's bio-filtration.. its a good combo if you have enough LR.. you might want to add a little more LR and get the skimmer.. (1.5-2lb per gallon is recomened on LR+base rock)

Back
Top Bottom