Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question Filter Media

I have had my tank for around 4ish months now being new to fish keeping I didn't really research much about filter media (stupid I know). My fish tank has an internal filter and has a carbon cartridge and a ceramic cartridge. I have recently been researching the cartridges and have found out that you need to replace the cartridges but every website tells me different information. Some say I don't need to replace the ceramic cartridge at all and others say I do
So how often do I actually need to replace the cartridges?
Thank you

fish_fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Technically you should be replacing it like every 2-3 months but in reality I really only replace mine like twice a year, and all my fish have benn very happy. I would suggest doing filter cleanups tho to increase flow rate and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
ywagner is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, filter media, media

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules