Filter Noise - Normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure what you mean.... How could it be in tank? It has a tube that goes I to tank and bubbles come out the Clam decoration and the island decoration

Sounds neat :) And sounds like an external. My Volcano's air pump is internal - it's inside the tank. The electrical wire runs into the tank, under the gravel, and powers the air pump. An air tube goes from outside of the tank, inside the tank, and connects to the bubbler. It's awesome, but a little loud (though I have nothing to compare it to)
Here it is: Fish Volcano

<--- My avatar has a picture of it in my tank

I use ear plugs when I sleep cuz I'm sensitive ... Bubbler is for fish not sure if they can go without .. Can they do well while I sleep ? I'm afraid to try
An Aquarium does not need a bubbler. Good flow from your filter and a good PWC routine is sufficient for your fish. If you only use it for visual pleasure, turn it off at night or permanently!!!...

In that case you can remove the airpump if it gets too annoying.
The fish don't enjoy the bubble show. It's just for you. :)
I completely agree. I'm still struggling to understand how it could be so noisy. The water should act as a insulter to the vibration. If it's so noisy that you hear it from 8' from the tank, I would seriously consider removing it. Imagine what it feels like for your fish, you might be stressing them unnecessarily.
If you like those kind of set-ups, maybe you could run the light without the air??. Run you own airline into it from an external pump. The pump you have maybe, with respect, a cheap pump or faulty....

Back
Top Bottom