Filter Not Taking in Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok here's the skinny, I have a Regent Aqua-Tech 200 on my 55G that has been working just fine until today. The tank had no fish and I ran the filter for about a week but last night my significant other felt like it was a waste of electricity to run the tank without anything in it so he shut off the filter etc. now for some reason when I turned it back on today it's not sucking in water. I tried putting water in first to so if it would kick into gear and start working but the canister just kicks out all of the water without taking anymore in. This is all very frustrating, does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it? The motor and everything seem to be working fine but I'm now at a loss. Thanks in advance

Possibly an obstruction in the intake tube, or the intake tube is not aligned properly over the impeller housing. Take the filter apart and look it over well. Fill the sump of the filter completely up then try restarting.

Thanks for the reply! Thankfully I got it working today :) I think there was air getting into the intake tubing where I had previously sealed it

Back
Top Bottom