Filter not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a aqua tech filter I'm using for a 5G. They ripped me off they said was 10G and everything was working and never used they lied about all. It started working when I plugged in but not now:/ added water to it to! When I plugged it it actually just made a weird noise and stopped when I added the water. Clueless now!

Fishie said:
I have a aqua tech filter I'm using for a 5G. They ripped me off they said was 10G and everything was working and never used they lied about all. It started working when I plugged in but not now:/ added water to it to! When I plugged it it actually just made a weird noise and stopped when I added the water. Clueless now!

Oh geez, that sucks! I did the same with a different aqueon filter think, and it's broken. So it doesn't make any noise at all, or turn on?

George9 said:
Oh geez, that sucks! I did the same with a different aqueon filter think, and it's broken. So it doesn't make any noise at all, or turn on?

No it doesn't make any noise anymore :/ if I buy a new one what might be the cost?

Are you sure it was primed (if necessary). I know a motor can go bad if being ran without a load of water.

Link119 said:
Are you sure it was primed (if necessary). I know a motor can go bad if being ran without a load of water.

I will try again but these people lied about everything and gave me a broke heater so I bought one of those today! My paycheck is gone since I wasted my money on this tank:/

Filter works!:) had hole in part that carries bad water up so I replaced it. The cycle begins !

Fishie said:
Filter works!:) had hole in part that carries bad water up so I replaced it. The cycle begins !

Awesome!! Good luck :) how are you cycling? Fishless, fish-in?

Back
Top Bottom